Friday, November 5, 2010

Tucker

12 hours since i rubbed your warm face

i cried the whole time

knowing our visit was timed.



i miss you my fine friend

mostly your song in the evening

off key but colorful.



how is it you could look so deep

and know the ache that wrapped

itself around my heart.



you gave me your one kiss

only moments before you

closed your eyes forever.



i miss you my best dog

your sweet side and

your stubborn side too.



you met the neighbors

in your own special way

when they turned their back.



you ate 3 loaves of bread

laid aside for the birds

they wouldn't forget you.


you needed us

to feed you, to let you out

we needed you for reasons infinum.


you'd rest your head

a certain way, and lick my hand

needing a soft stroke.


and when your dad would pet you

a pause too long caused you to thump the very hand

and resume he would at your command.


i miss you my blue ribbon mixed breed

no other compares to your rare

supernatural way of loving us.

No comments: