Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Alone envelops the already timid heart that races thru the slideshow of last night. Every frame, a telling tale with words that curse each page. I skip past each ugly dialouge like a rope that slaps the pavement when I miss. Move me forward to a piece of tomorrow and I look back with disdain at today. My fear becomes the breath of tyrants chained to cinder walls who own no hope of escape from the echoed halls of darkened chambers still.

Wash this face and erase the pain that taps against my temple as if to say, you won't forget. And if invited one more day, my friend, remorse overstays. Lingers until the gray evolves to charcoal and I can sleep away that anxious strap that binds my chest. Sweet sleep you embrace me now, and hold me in your smooth cocoon of bliss. This, is all I await each day, to find you once again. Sweet Sleep.

No comments: